MAHEC Patient Portal
MAHEC is excited to offer patients a new online tool that provides anywhere, anytime access to your personal health record! With our new patient portal, called FollowMyHealth, you will be able to securely access your Family Medicine and OB/GYN Specialists health record conveniently from your home computer, laptop or smartphone 24/7!
If you already have an account, you can log in here: www.mahec.followmyhealth.com
Once you have a FollowMyHealth account, you can:
- Review your medical record online
- Communicate with providers via secure messaging
- View test and lab results
- Update your health information
- Request Rx refills
- Receive email care reminders
- Request or change appointments
- View and pay your bill
- Set up proxy accounts for children and other dependents
Signing up for a FollowMyHealth account is easy!
- Fill out the consent form and turn it in (download consent form here: English | Spanish)
- Click the registration link in the email you will receive within 72 hours from “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to create your login and password.
You will receive two emails after you set up your account: one welcoming you to the portal and one confirming your connections with our organization. You will then have 24/7, secure online access to your medical information!
To request proxy access for children or other dependents, please fill out this form and submit it along with a copy of a photo ID of the person requesting the access:
English | Spanish
To watch a short video with sign-up instructions, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How quickly will you respond to my message to my provider? We will do our best to respond within 48 hours. But remember that portal messages should not be used for emergencies. Please call 911 if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
2. Can I schedule same day appointments through the portal? Unfortunately, no. You can request future appointments through the portal, but same day appointments will need to be made by calling us.
3. How quickly will my lab results appear on the portal? Lab results will appear in the portal seven days after your provider has reviewed them. Patients will also be contacted by phone for abnormal results.
4. What do I do if I’m at a patient at multiple MAHEC locations? If you are a patient at both our OB/GYN and Family Medicine practices, you only need to sign up for the portal once. You only have one medical record with MAHEC so it will contain all your information in one account.
5. Why don’t I see all my medical information? You portal account may not contain all your historical medical information. Information will only be available in the portal beginning the date we switched to an Electronic Medical Record (August 2012 for Family Medicine / March 2013 for Ob/Gyn Specialists).
6. What should I do if I see a discrepancy or information that is not up-to-date on my chart? If you notice that your medical information contains a discrepancy, something you don’t understand, or should be updated, please discuss it with your medical provider.
7. Is there an app for the portal? Yes! You can download the free portal app at your Apple or Android store. Just search “followmyhealth.”
8. Once I have an account, where do I go to log in to the portal? To login to your account, visit mahec.followmyhealth.com
If you have questions about the patient portal, please contact us:
Family Medicine Patients:
Email - email@example.com
Phone: (828) 257-4730, option 1, then option 3
Ob/Gyn Specialists Patients:
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (828) 771-5535
Email - email@example.com