MAHEC Patient Portal
MAHEC is excited to offer patients a new online tool that provides anywhere, anytime access to your personal health record! With our new patient portal, called FollowMyHealth, you will be able to securely access your Family Medicine and OB/GYN Specialists health record conveniently from your home computer, laptop or smartphone 24/7!
If you already have an account, you can log in here: www.mahec.followmyhealth.com
Once you have a FollowMyHealth account, you can:
- Review your medical record online
- Communicate with providers via secure messaging
- View test and lab results
- Request Rx refills
- Receive email care reminders
- Request or change appointments
- View and pay your bill
- Request proxy accounts for children and other dependents
Signing up for a FollowMyHealth account is easy!
- Provide an active email address when you check-in for your appointment OR fill out the consent form and turn it in (download consent form here: English | Spanish)
- Click the registration link in the email you will receive within 1 week from “email@example.com”.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to create your login and password.
You will receive two emails after you set up your account: one welcoming you to the portal and one confirming your connections with our organization. You will then have 24/7, secure online access to your medical information!
To request proxy access for children or other dependents, please fill out this form and submit it along with a copy of a photo ID of the person requesting the access:
English | Spanish
If the embedded video is not supported or does not play, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How quickly will you respond to my message to my provider? We will do our best to respond within 48 hours. But remember that portal messages should not be used for emergencies. Please call 911 if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
2. Can I schedule same day appointments through the portal? Unfortunately, no. You can request future appointments through the portal, but same day appointments will need to be made by calling us.
3. How quickly will my lab results appear on the portal? Lab results will appear in the portal seven days after your provider has reviewed them. Patients will also be contacted by phone for abnormal results.
4. What do I do if I’m at a patient at multiple MAHEC locations? If you are a patient at both our OB/GYN and Family Medicine practices, you only need to sign up for the portal once. You only have one medical record with MAHEC so it will contain all your information in one account.
5. Why don’t I see all my medical information? You portal account may not contain all your historical medical information. Information will only be available in the portal beginning the date we switched to an Electronic Medical Record (August 2012 for Family Medicine / March 2013 for Ob/Gyn Specialists).
6. What should I do if I see a discrepancy or information that is not up-to-date on my chart? If you notice that your medical information contains a discrepancy, something you don’t understand, or should be updated, please discuss it with your medical provider.
7. Is there an app for the portal? Yes! You can download the free portal app at your Apple or Android store. Just search “followmyhealth.”
8. Once I have an account, where do I go to log in to the portal? To login to your account, visit mahec.followmyhealth.com
If you have questions about the patient portal, please contact us:
Phone: (888) 670-9775 (available Mon-Fri 8am-8pm)
Patient Billing Phone: (828) 257-4725 (billing questions only please)
What if I forget my password or username?
If you forget your password to your MAHEC Patient Portal, please navigate to mahec.followmyhealth.com and click on the “Forgot Your Password?” link. If you know your username, you can enter it and an email with a reset password link will be sent to the email that we have on file for you.
I’ve signed up for the MAHEC FollowMyHealth Patient Portal. What is my access/invite code?
Your access/invite code will be your year of birth.
I did not receive an invitation to the MAHEC FollowMyHealth Patient Portal.
Sometimes it can take longer than usual to process a MAHEC FollowMyHealth Patient Portal application. However, if you send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 828-257-4770 and we can see why your invitation may not have been sent.
Do I have to sign up for the MAHEC FollowMyHealth Patient Portal in order to be a MAHEC patient?
No. Participating in the MAHEC FollowMyHealth Patient Portal is completely optional.
Why can’t I view my ultrasounds through my MAHEC FollowMyHealth Patient Portal?
Unfortunately, some imaging documents (ie. ultrasounds, x-rays, etc.) are not available on the MAHEC FollowMyHealth Patient Portal. If you would like a copy of one of these documents, please contact your MAHEC clinic or our Medical Records department at 828-771-3410.
What is a proxy?
A proxy is an individual who can make health care decisions for another individual. This can be a legal guardian, parent, or power of attorney.
Can I access my children’s health records?
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child, you can have access to his/her electronic health records through a proxy account on the MAHEC FollowMyHealth Patient Portal. However, this only applies to children who are between the ages of 0-10. North Carolina law prohibits adults from having access to their children’s medical records when the child turns 11 years old.
To become a proxy for your child, you will need to fill out the “Minor Patient” section of the MAHEC FollowMyHealth Patient Portal Proxy Form.
When your child turns 18, he/she will be considered an adult and will be able to register for a MAHEC FollowMyHealth Patient Portal of their own.
Can I access another adult’s records?
If you are the legal guardian of an adult patient or have a Power of Attorney for Health Care, you can register to access another adult’s records and become a proxy for that patient.
You may also become a proxy for a capable adult patient if the adult patient has signed the MAHEC FollowMyHealth Patient Portal Proxy form to approve you as his/her proxy.
How long does it take to set up a proxy account?
Setting up a proxy account may take up to two weeks to process, especially for proxies of adult patients. For this reason, please ensure that when registering to be a proxy, that you have all necessary materials to complete the process. This includes any legal guardian or power of attorney forms, as well as your MAHEC FollowMyHealth Patient Portal Proxy form.
I’ve filed out the form to set up a proxy account. What is my access/invitation code?
Your access/invite code will be the last four digits of your social security number.
Can I send a message on behalf of the person I am a proxy for to his/her provider?
Unfortunately, proxy accounts are unable to send messages to a patient’s provider. If you wish to communicate with that patient’s provider, you will need to contact one of our MAHEC clinics. You can find the contact information for each respective clinic here.