Policies and Procedures
A typical review cycle is as follows:
Final revisions as necessary
We rely on our peer-reviewers to ensure the following:
- Research is well designed and executed,
- Presentation of methods will permit replication,
- Data are unambiguous and properly analyzed, and
- Conclusions are supported by data.
Peer reviewers have important responsibilities to authors, editors, and readers. Please consider them carefully.
Reviewer responsibilities to authors include the following:
- Provide written, unbiased feedback on the scholarly merits and scientific value of the work, together with rationale for your opinion.
- Provide your review as soon as possible within 10 days. If you cannot do so, please contact Joan Colburn – firstname.lastname@example.org (828) 257-4438.
- Indicate whether the writing is clear, concise, and relevant and rate the work’s composition, scientific accuracy, originality, and interest to readers.
- Avoid personal comments or criticism.
- Refrain from direct author contact without the editor’s permission.
- Keep manuscripts, associated material, and the information they contain strictly confidential.
- Destroy copies of manuscripts after submitting reviews.
Reviewer responsibilities to editors include the following:
- Alert the editor to any potential personal or financial conflict of interest you may have and decline to review when a possibility of a conflict exists.
- Determine scientific merit, originality, and scope of the work and suggest ways to improve it.
- Avoid comments to authors about acceptance or rejection of the paper; include such remarks as confidential comments for editors.
- Note any ethical concerns, such as substantial similarity between the reviewed manuscript and any published paper or any manuscript concurrently submitted elsewhere.
Reviewer responsibilities to readers include the following:
- Ensure that published articles meet MAHEC Online Journal of Research standards.
- Protect readers from incorrect or flawed research or studies that cannot be validated by others.
- Be alert to any failure to cite relevant work by other scientists.
The MAHEC Online Journal of Research follows Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and ICMJE Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing, and Publication of Scholarly work in Medical Journals.
The MAHEC Online Journal of Research will be published twice annually, Winter and Summer
The MAHEC Online Journal of Research publishes open access articles under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) License which permits use, distribution and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited and the purpose is non-commercial.