At MAHEC we are passionate about excellence in healthcare.
Since 1974, we have provided high quality, compassionate healthcare as a foundation for training top physicians, dentists, and health professionals. Our impact in the region is significant:
- 114,000 patient visits annually receive Family, Ob-Gyn or Dental healthcare.
- $7.2 million provided in safety net healthcare for low-income people last year.
- 466 physicians and dentists have graduated from MAHEC residency and fellowship programs.
- 60% of our family medicine resident graduates stay in WNC to become family physicians.
- 8,900+ healthcare professionals received continuing education at MAHEC last year.
Behind all of our achievements is a person, a family, a physician, or a health care professional patients who find reassurance from our staff and physicians, faculty who dedicate their careers to mentoring the next generation of doctors and dentists, and graduates who become outstanding physicians, dentists and community leaders.
Read Our Stories to learn more about the people who inspire us.